Telema is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join our team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between development and operations by implementing and managing tools and processes that automate code building, testing, deployment, and monitoring. You will work closely with software developers, system administrators, and other stakeholders to ensure that our software development and deployment processes are as efficient and effective as possible.
- Manage, monitor and configure Java applications (40% of tasks)
- Administer Git repositories and implement best practices for version control.
- Manage Jenkins pipelines and develop scripts to automate builds and deployments.
- Configure and manage AWS cloud infrastructure to support our software development and deployment needs.
- Set up monitoring and alerting with DataDog to ensure the availability, performance, and security of our systems.
- Collaborate with software developers to ensure that code is deployed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with system administrators to ensure that our infrastructure is scalable, reliable, and secure.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging DevOps trends and technologies and recommend ways to improve our development and deployment processes.
- Preferred, Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in DevOps or a related field.
- Entry level Java development skills.
- Strong understanding of Git and experience with administering Git repositories.
- Experience with Jenkins or similar administration and pipeline management.
- Experience with AWS or alternative cloud provider administration and cloud infrastructure management.
- Familiarity with DataDog or equivalent monitoring and alerting tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.